The job seekers of Ferguson need your help!
The Ferguson Municipal Public Library is seeking a volunteer to assist library patrons with job searching, creating job application materials, and applying for jobs or other opportunities online.
- Creating resumes and cover letters with patrons.
- Navigating and assisting patrons with job search engines like Indeed.com, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, Monster, and more.
- Assisting patrons throughout the process of applying for jobs online.
- Preparing patrons for job searching through email creation, job site registration, and other requirements as needed.
Volunteers must be comfortable starting conversations and be ready to ask probing/follow-up questions. Job assistance sessions are conducted one-on-one in 30-minute increments.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Google Apps
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Career Counseling / Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 2 to 4 hours per week