MSW - Social Work Internship - Lancaster County
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
6 people are interested
Compassus Hospice is a national hospice provider who offers support to patients and their loved ones in Lancaster County. The mission of Compassus is to honor life and offer hope to individuals facing end-of-life illness by supporting them and their families with compassion and dignity. We provide needed services to terminally ill patients wherever they reside: nursing homes, assisted living facilities, or in their own home.
The Social Worker Intern under the guidance and supervision of the MSW provides preventive, educational, and evaluative services to meet the psychosocial needs of patients and their families, to help them improve, restore, and maintain their maximum level of coping. The Social Work Intern may also be involved in the Bereavement program providing grief support to caregivers. The Social Worker Intern under the guidance and supervision of the MSW utilizes community resources and the interdisciplinary team to aid in this process. S/he is responsible for applying the rules and regulations of state and federal regulatory agencies and other certified agencies.
The internship needs to be part of your school requirement and you must be able to commit to 1-2 semesters for 16-24 hours/week.
- 2 step TB tests (provided Compassus Hospice)
- Driver’s license
- Criminal background check (provided by Compassus Hospice)
- Will be required to come to Lancaster office weekly
- Reliable transportation-will initially visit patients and facilities with staff but will have to travel on own once trained (No reimbursement for travel)
- Copy of school insurance
- Contract from school program sent to legal and then back to school for approval before Executive Director signs
Hospice, 2101 Oregon Pike, Suite 301, Lancaster, PA 17601, US
At Compassus our mission is serving terminally ill patients and families with Compassion, Integrity and Excellence. The Colleagues of Compassus are committed to keeping The Hospice Promise by delivering the highest quality of care, serving the needs of patients and families and spreading the stories of hospice they come into contact. Our goal is to provide the greatest comfort and care for those who experience one of life's most intimate and challenging moments. Compassus volunteers are an integral part of our patient and family care. Volunteers give time, talent, energy and ideas for end of life comfort, enhanced quality of life, hope and happiness. If you are looking for a rewarding volunteer experience, join our team as a Compassus colleague- you help everyone succeed!
Comapssus is searching for reliable, compassionate volunteers to visit with patients in Lancaster County.
I would love to have volunteers who are willing to do any of the following:
- share companionship/ social visits with patients
- spend time doing directed activities with our Alzheimer's/ Dementia patients
- provide music therapy
- share the gift of pet therapy
- help out in the office
- do activities with other Compassus Volunteers as a group at local nursing home or assisted living
- make bereavement calls with families who have recently had a loss
- work from your home to make crafts to be presented to Compassus Hospice patients
- take a patient outside
- help patients stay focused a meal time
- provide short periods of respite care for caregivers
- give the gift of presence or hold the hand of a patient who is non-verbal
- take a patient to an activity at their facility
- Provide support for our Veterans Program - www.wehonorveterans.com
Orientation and training will be provided at your convenience. I can help you with ideas/ activities for your patient visits if needed. Volunteers of all ages are welcome. If you are interested in volunteering your time please let me know... we would be honored to have you as a part of the Compassu family.