The Big-Brained Superheroes Club at Yesler Community Center is seeking a volunteer fundraiser to work with our external communications coordinator on:
- crafting a thoughtful, creative, and effective fundraising and communications campaign;
- fundraising event development and support;
- communications development, including writing blog posts, newsletter and supporting social media (our current online assets include: our website, Facebook page, Twitter stream, monthly email bulletin, and Pinterest boards).
- Passion for recreational nerdiness / STE(A)M learning in low-income refugee, immigrant, minority communities.
- All the superpowers, especially Creativity, Teamwork, Leadership, Adaptability, and Persistence. The opportunities for creative experimentation in this position are infinite, but follow-through on final commitments is essential.
The BBSC meets Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 5 to 7pm and Saturday from 11am-3pm, but the external communications and development coordinator's schedule would be flexible. The time commitment required to excel in this role varies by individual interests and abilities, but probably averages to roughly 8 hours per month.
The Big-Brained Superheroes Club is a bunch of nerds with a purpose-to tap into the hidden strengths that all young people have through Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics (STEAM). At its core, The Big-Brained Superheroes Club (The BBSC) at Yesler Community Center in Seattle is about community coming together to create. In the process of developing their own binary counter, building their own electronics learning platform, and programming their own Godzilla to attack their City of Light, Big Brains learn that their greatest power-as individuals and community members-is their ability to imagine, strive, and work together to create the world in which they want to live.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- varies, roughly 8 hours/month