SoCal Parrot is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that rescues and supports wild parrots found throughout southern California.
We are currently seeking volunteers to join our Animal Care team. Tasks include: sweeping, raking, scrubbing cages, refilling food and water dishes, changing cage liners, etc. A standard shift ranges from 2 to 4 hours once every week.
On-site training will be provided by staff or experienced volunteers. No previous animal care/handling experience is required. Our facility is located in Jamul.
Baby season is nearly here, which means we will be very busy and need all the help we can get.
If you'd like to gain unique experience and work with endangered species every week, this is the role for you!
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months' minimum; 1 shift per week (2 to 4 hrs)
- Under 18 considered with parent/guardian supervision at all times
- Transport Injured Wild Parrots
- Help Rescue Injured, Wild Parrots!
- Help needed with weekend booth...
- Weekday Help Needed - Care for...
- Transport Injured, Wild Parrots...
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul --...
- Animal Care - Help Save Wild...
- Social Media Assistant - Wild...
- Volunteer in Jamul - Weekly...
- Rescue & Transport Injured...
- Weekly Help Needed - Wild Parrot...
- Support Wild Parrot Conservation
- Help Save Wild Parrots
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul
- Help Care For Wild Parrots!