SoCal Parrot is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that rescues and supports wild parrots found throughout southern California.
We are currently seeking volunteers to join our Animal Care team. Tasks include: sweeping, raking, scrubbing cages, refilling food and water dishes, changing cage liners, etc. A standard shift ranges from 2.5 to 4 hours once every week.
On-site training will be provided by staff or experienced volunteers. No previous animal care/handling experience is required. Our facility is located in Jamul.
If you'd like to gain unique experience and work with endangered species every week, this is the role for you!
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months' minimum; 1 shift per week (2 to 4 hrs)
- Under 18 considered with parent/guardian supervision at all times
- Transport Injured Wild Parrots
- Help Rescue Injured, Wild Parrots!
- Help needed with weekend booth...
- Weekday Help Needed - Care for...
- Transport Injured, Wild Parrots...
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul --...
- Animal Care - Help Save Wild...
- Volunteer in Jamul - Weekly...
- Rescue & Transport Injured...
- Weekly Help Needed - Wild Parrot...
- Help Save Wild Parrots
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul
- Help Care For Wild Parrots!