Title: Grant WriterSupervisor: Executive Director
Schedule: Weekdays between 9:00am and 5:00pm
Location: Washington County Museum
Archives & Administration Center
17677 NW Springville Road, Portland, OR 97229
JOB SUMMARY: The Grant Writer will assist with generating revenue through grant writing for museum operations.DUTIES:
- Determine institutional needs by collaborating with senior staff.
- Research funding opportunities, determining best source options.
- Complete grant applications, utilizing information provided by senior staff.
- Submit grant applications per senior staff approval.
- Assist senior staff with evaluation process, writing report for granting entity.
- Maintain grant files as necessary.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills and telephone skills
- Detail oriented and committed to meeting deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills with professional manner and appearance
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to problem-solve and adapt to change
- Knowledge & Skill with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Desirable: Some knowledge of Donor Perfect, Raisers Edge or Greater Giving
- A minimum of two (2) hours per week.
- Technical Writing
- Program Management
- Strategic Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Market Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment