THE FOLLOWING VOLUNTEER POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE- Non Paid Positions
· Administrative Volunteer- This is an administrative volunteer opportunity for Family Comfort Hospice. We are looking for a few " Office Angels" who would like to assist with research tools, events, bereavement letters, foundation letter and general correspondence as well as light organizational assistance. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. You choose your schedule and the duration of time volunteering. If you have an hour to give would be perfect! Please contact us. Making a difference begins with You. All assignments have been modified to work from home.
· No One Dies Alone - Vigil Volunteer Provide ministry of presence to patients who are actively transitioning. Volunteers sit with patient, providing a peaceful, reassuring presence and atmosphere during the final hours. No One Dies Alone recognizes each person as a unique expression of life (Dignity) and the presence of vulnerability in loneliness (Justice). No One Dies Alone brings people together in compassionate service and commitment to human kindness/integrity (Service/Excellence).
· Bereavement Volunteer -Provide bereavement support in a variety of ways, such as telephone calls, e-mails, funeral visits or visiting with the family and or Grief Group Support.
· Special Projects Volunteer-Bake, Sew; Choir, Create Crafts Make Comfort/Burden Bears, Aprons, Lap Blankets, Pillows, etc. for patients and family members. These Volunteers support the Health System with various community events as well. Light Up a Life, Coping with the Holidays, Celebration of Life respectfully.
· Pet Therapy Teams with Trained Certified Therapy Dogs and their Volunteer handlers provide a therapeutic interaction with the patients typically in the skilled nursing facilities.
· Craft Volunteers- Make homemade gifts of lap blankets, bibs, pillows, bears and hospital gowns to help make our patients feel valued and more comfortable.
· Memory Pillows/Bears Volunteers hand craft bears and pillows for families from an article of clothing belonging to the patient.
· We Honor Veterans Provides a certificate of appreciation for time served to Veterans on our service.
WE ARE 100% FLEXIBLE WITH YOUR TIME.
Ask about additional opportunities such as Pet Therapy, Art Therapy and Music Therapy.
This is a non-paid position.
Veterans are welcomed!
Apply now! Related keywords: volunteer, non profit
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Please list 2-3 dates and time ranges that you could do an interview
FAQs Why Should You Volunteer if I am not being paid for it?
1. Volunteering allows you to give back to the community by offering 1 hour a week to a person who needs you. 2. Volunteering helps you develop strong relationships with new people who wants your company. 3. Sharing your knowledge of Hospice and what Hospice does promotes wellness in our community. 4. It looks noble on your resume and potentially land you your dream job. 5. Student volunteer hours help you meet the requirements of your course studies.
7975 N. Hayden Rd., Ste. A-200, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, US
Family Comfort Hospice is a community of caregivers dedicated to the relief of physical and emotional suffering for hospice patients while also respecting individual choice and patient confidentiality. We pledge to honor what is most important to our patients and families by involving them in the ongoing plan of care and to support opportunities for growth with dignity throughout their end-of-life journey.
Family Comfort Hospice cares for end of life patients and their families in their homes, facilities and in group homes. Our volunteers are an integral part of our team. We have opportunities for patient companionship visits as well as office work available.
Hospice is one of the most rewarding positions you can have.
Anyone interested is encouraged to call us at 480-745-3015.