LeMay-America’s Car Museum’s Education Interns are instrumental in providing outstanding programs for Museum visitors, students, educators, and informal learning groups. Our Education Programs Interns will assist with the preparation and execution of school, youth, family, and adult education programs. Summer interns will serve as summer camp counselors during the weeks of July 24- 28 and August 7-11 in 2017. Interns may facilitate education group tours and workshops as well as informal learning experiences in our Family Zone and galleries. Interns may also assist with administrative duties and developing outreach opportunities. Strong candidates will have experience teaching, good customer service and communication skills, and a desire to work with groups of all ages. Additional knowledge of iPads and use of applications in creative learning is desired.
1. Develop a strong understanding of the Museum’s collection, exhibits, and existing K-12 school program curriculum.
2. Assist with preparation and execution of the Museum’s education programs for school groups, youth (specifically High Speed Fun summer camp), families (specifically Family STEAM Days), and adults (specifically If Cars Could Talk lunch series).
3. Assist with maintaining education program supplies and records.
4. Research and develop materials for future education programs.
5. Outreach to schools, families, and adults to promote ACM’s educational programs and activities.
6. Be on time and prepared for shifts, meetings, and appointments.
7. Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate boundaries in all interactions with employees, students, and outside contacts.
8. Complete all shift responsibilities as required, both on time and accurately.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. (Required) - Student who is at least 18 years of age.
2. (Required) - The ability to pass ACM’s in-depth background investigation including criminal history and personal references.
3. (Required) - Must be able to work for at least 8 hours a week for at least 6 weeks during the months of June, July, or August 2017.
4. (Required) - Must be able to work from 8:30am-4:30pm during the weeks of summer camp in 2017 (July 24-28 and August 7-11)
5. (Required) - Must be able to work from 10:30am-4:30pm on at least one Family STEAM Day in the summer of 2017 (June 17, July 15, or August 19).
6. (Required) - Fluent in the use of the English language.
7. (Required) - Strong research and writing/typing skills.
8. (Required) - Basic skills in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Web browsers, and data management.
9. (Required) - Excellent organization skills including neatness.
10. (Required) - Professional communication and teamwork skills.
11. (Required) - Exceptional character, honesty, integrity, and professional boundaries. Personal conduct which compromises any of these qualities is cause for termination of internship.
12. (Required) - A strong work ethic and positive, solution focused attitude.
13. (Required) - Professional interpersonal skills that include a tactful, gracious and courteous demeanor that facilitates excellence in public relations, employee relations, and student / school relations.
14. (Required) - Ability to project voice and speak to large groups without the aid of amplification.
15. (Required) - Ability to stand/walk or sit and work on a computer for extended periods of time.
16. (Required) - Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds frequently.
17. (Preferred) - Experience in museums, classroom teaching, and historical interpretation.
18. (Preferred) - An appreciation of the automobile and its role throughout American Society.
19. (Preferred) - Knowledge of integrating iPads into educational activities and working knowledge of Mac systems.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Volunteer@AmericasCarMuseum.org.
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must be able to work for at least 8 hours a week
- At least 6 weeks during the months of June, July, or August 2017