Day-of-Event Volunteers - 3rd Annual UNCF 5K Walk//Run for Education
WhenSat Aug 19, 2017, 07:30 AM - 12:30 PM
WhereButtermilk Falls PkwyNorth Chagrin Nature Center Strawberry Picnic AreaCleveland MetroparksWilloughby Hills, OH 44094
We count on our Day of Event volunteers to ensure a successful experience. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Registration: Welcome Team Captains and participants, help get them registered and distribute t-shirts.
- Refreshment Distribution: hand out food and drinks to participants after crossing the finish line.
- Water Stations: Fill and hand out cups of water to walkers/runners as they pass by, and clean up the station by raking up cups and filling trash bags.
- Course Marshals/Monitors: direct walkers/runners on the course, offer assistance and provide support to participants.
- Timers: Call out times at each mile mark on the course.
- Setup/Breakdown Team: Provide general assistance with the setting up and/or breaking down of tables, vendor space, water stations, etc. Assist vendors with activities for children.
- Start Zone: Volunteers at the start line assist race staff in putting up the start line arch, preparing and securing start corrals, and assisting with corral control and movement during the wave start.
- Finish Zone: Volunteers at the finish line assist race staff in distributing medals, water, and other items to finishers.
- Race Greeters: Stationed throughout the race venue from the parking lot to the end, race greeters help direct our walkers/ runners to registration, start lines, and other areas within the race venue. As our "ambassadors," race greeters will also help guide and cheer on our runners through the final stretch to the finish line.
- Other: Provide other specific duties as assigned or prearranged.
- Outdoor Recreation
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 5 hours