The Relay For Life program in Jacksonville, FL is looking for a fall semester college work study student
You will work with the Community Managers of the Relay For Life program in Jacksonville. You will assist with office and community based tasks to help build, grow, and execute the Relay For Life program. Based on your skill-set, you and the Community Managers will look through the tasks below and build your portfolio of focus.
- Assist in entering participant and donor data to online systems
- Assist in the planning of the Relay For Life evnts
- Make phone calls to past participants inviting them to register this year
- Assist in recruit of new teams
- Staff tables at health fairs, networking events, community events, etc.
- Update event website with information, email challenges, etc.
- Brainstorm new fundraising ideas/events
- Assist in getting in-kind donations of food, gift cards, prize baskets, etc.
- Assist in survivor recruitment
- Increase awareness about cancer in community
- Assist in collateral distribution in community
- Assist in publicizing the event throughout the community
- Write news releases and stories to share with media outlets
- Assist in other tasks needed at the office
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment
- Ability to assist in recruitment and motivation of community-based volunteers
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines; strong planning and organizational skills
- Able to work through others to accomplish goals
- Proficient in computer-based information systems
Position will work 1-3 days per week at 4-8 hours per day. Must have access to car or be able to transport materials to and from meetings and special events/programs. Must be able to work evening and weekend events on occasion.
Save Lives. Fulfill Yours.
- Donor Management
- Administrative Support
- Professional Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed