- Assist with fun, interactive, pro-girl summer activities!
- Help instructors prep class materials (create flip charts, get handouts ready, collect and organize paperwork, etc.)
- Lead occasional warm up and ice breaker activities.
- Work as a team with Girls Inc. instructors and other volunteers.
- Attend field trips in the Denver community on our shuttles/vans. (Volunteers are occasionally asked to drive their own vehicles if they have one and meet at the field trip location. Mileage reimbursement is available.)
- Engage with girls during unstructured time, initiate conversations and attend to emotional/social needs as they come up.
- Manager behavior and classroom side conversations.
- Help cultivate a safe environment for girls by addressing relational aggression and inspiring a culture of sisterhood.
- Maintain a positive environment for all girls through discipline, classroom management and inclusiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Proactive, outgoing, enthusiastic and dependable.
- Flexibility with leadership roles and down time, supportive help.
- Willingness to jump in and take on leadership roles as needed.
- Prepared to facilitate various activities in front of 6th and 7th graders. Preferred but not required: o Experience working with Middle School aged girls o Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Able to regularly communicate by e-mail.
- Able to interact positively with a variety of people with various cultural backgrounds and economic experiences.
- Committed to our mission.
- 1 full day per week or
- 2 half days a week
- Morning Shift... 8:00am-1:30pm (5.5 hours)
- Afternoon Shift... 12:00pm-5:30pm (5.5 hours)
- All-Day Shift... 8:00am-5:30pm with a 1.5 hour break (8 hours)
- New Volunteer Orientation and Training + Inclusiveness Workshop: Saturday, June 3 rd from 8:45am-5pm
- A light breakfast and full lunch will be provided; lunch is on site.
- Thank you for understanding that we do not make exceptions to this being a required training. It is offered only three times a year (January, June and August), so be sure not to miss it!
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training