Do you love working with computers? Are you interested in completing community service hours by working with seniors? For over 70 years Peninsula Volunteers Little House has served senior citizens in Menlo Park. In addition to providing Meals on Wheels for most of San Mateo County and dozens of fitness and educational classes, we are working to help seniors to connect with friends and family by using technology.
Our ideal candidate is patient and good with people. Someone who knows technology and is creative and thoughtful when teaching it to help others.
This internship will include:
- Supervising the computer lab
- Scheduling tutoring sessions
- Drop-in and scheduled individual tech tutoring
- Creating and teaching your own tech class
- Assist our Technology Coordinator in improving our overall tech strategy.
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
What We’re Looking For:
- Background in technology.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in PC, Apple, and/or Android.
- Organized, creative, and flexible.
- Familiarity working with seniors is desired but not required.
- Interest in the issue of equal access to learning resources and a generally socially conscious individual.
- Interest in nonprofit management and community development is a plus.
We value all of our interns and we will ensure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will improve your technology skills while learning more about working with seniors. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have opportunities to network with department leaders and other professionals in the non-profit field. Looks great on college applications or your resume!
The position is June through August, with reasonable time off for any vacations. We are looking for a volunteer who is available approximately 10 hours per week Monday through Friday only. The flexible hours would be between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.. This is an unpaid internship. Please contact Vicki Cormack at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (650) 272-5108 if you are interested.
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Activities Assistants
- Admin Assistant
- Weekday Evening Front Desk at...
- PC and MAC Whiz Needed
- Culture Coordinator(s), Little...
- Community Information Desk at...
- Morning Activity Helper at...
- Passionate about helping...
- Meals on Wheels Social Services...
- Special Events Photographer
- Community Volunteer data...
- Cribbage Game Leader
- FITNESS CENTER VOLUNTEER...
- Bingo Caller
- The Little Shop
- Community Volunteer Program Intern
- Technology Training Internship
- Deliver Meals and a Smile to...
- Little House Cafe Volunteer...