We are looking for volunteers to join our team of over 80 community ambassadors around the globe. We need MORE people to become friends and supporters of The Kavuvu Foundation, and to become the face of the organization and charity in their communities.
Our community ambassadors are a network of volunteers, based across the world - representing the charity in their local area and raising awareness of work of the organization.
Ways to get involved
As an ambassador you can get involved by:
- Inspiring your family, friends, colleagues and online networks to support the charity.
- Attending cheque presentations and thanking our supporters face-to-face.
- Have good connections and the self-confidence to reach out and arrange your own talks and provide us with feedback.
- Getting people involved in our fundraising appeals and campaigns in the oncoming #HappyFeet campaign
- Promoting your contacts to take part in our campaigns
- Placing, emptying and banking coin collection tins in cafes, restaurants, shops and your community.
What we ask of you
This role would suit you if you:
- are looking for a long term, flexible volunteering role
- have a personal connection to our activities (not essential) and would like to share your story
- you would like to get involved with various volunteering opportunities
- have public speaking skills (experience of public speaking is preferred)
- Enjoy fundraising and would like to connect with like minded people.
What we offer in return
We are committed to supporting our volunteers and offer the following:
- On-site volunteer opportunity during our 'MOVEMBER’ month event at Makueni County, Kenya. On-ground facilitation except transport to the country will be provided for by the organization i.e. food, accommodation etc.
- a monthly e-newsletter giving you ways to get involved
- resources to help you fundraise and training to help you give short talks/presentations on the hospital and charity
- access to our ambassador Facebook page where you can share stories, ideas and experiences
- ongoing support from your volunteer manager
- regular updates about the organization and the difference you are making
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses.
- People Skills
- General Education
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 8 per week