Help Fight Hunger! Morning Office/Customer Service Volunteer
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Agency Liaison Volunteer Position -
Second Harvest Food Bank greatly relies upon the energy and commitment of the local community to fight hunger. Your contributions will have a significant impact in providing food to the hungry in the counties Second Harvest Food Bank serves.
Second Harvest Food Bank distributes food to more than one quarter of a million people monthly through engaging with several hundred non-profit agencies such as soup kitchens, pantries, snack programs, and other specialized programs. These organizations are core to the Food Bank's operations, and your help is needed to facilitate the agency "shopping" process at our warehouse.
Our Curtner Center in San Jose is currently looking for a cheerful adult volunteer to assist with customer service and administrative tasks. The Volunteer will perform office admin tasks (creating invoices) as well as warehouse tasks (organizing the shopping bins). The Shopping Assistant will also answer questions from our partner agencies about the available items.
This volunteer opportunity might be for you if:
- You absolutely love helping people!
- You are passionate and persistent in finding answers for our community members.
- You enjoy interacting with a friendly and diverse staff and volunteers
- You have a high attention to detail and is the type of person who doesn’t easily get overwhelmed by paperwork or data entry.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a guest facing positon.
- Ability to interact with all types of people and provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dependable - we can rely on you for a shift at least once a week.
We'll work with your schedule.
Second Harvest Food Bank-Curtner750 Curtner AveSan Jose, CA 95125
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Weekly, Monday-Friday, 7:30-11:00am