Project HEAL is the largest non-profit in the US that raises funds for eating disorder treatment, promotes healthy body image and self esteem, and inspires sufferers that full recovery from an eating disorder is possible. The co-founders met after recovering from anorexia at 15, and they've had incredible growth and momentum - 40 chapters worldwide, 28k followers on FB and Instagram, engaging sponsors like Arianna Huffington, UBER , and The 49er s, and significant press like Fast Company & Forbes 30 under 30 .
Project HEAL seeks creative, efficient, organized and enthusiastic social media volunteers. Volunteers will work directly with the chief communications officer on writing social copy, scheduling posts, social media strategy and staying on top of viral trends. Applicants must have demonstrable interest in social media and social media marketing across multiple platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat.
Experience doing social media for a professional platform (can be a personal blog, school organization, etc) is preferred but not required; most importantly we're looking for someone who has a passion for Project HEAL’s mission, and a comprehensive understanding of eating disorders.
- Volunteers will be expected to sustain and develop Project HEAL's voice
- Volunteer 10-15 hours a week and maintain platform daily
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work autonomously
- Ability to effectively communicate information to internal and external senior executives, HEAL PR and Marketing team members, HEAL chapter team members and vendors
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks
- Display strong Integrity, honesty and a willingness to operate as a team player
This is a volunteer position but can be taken for school credit, and is available on a part-time or full-time basis throughout the year.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours