Lunch Time Reception Volunteer Needed at Domestic Violence Resource Center on Wednesdays and Fridays
7 people are interested
We are looking for a dynamic and friendly person to add to our team of volunteers that cover our Receptionist's lunch! Are you available Wednesday of each week from 12-1 PM and the first Wednesday of each month from 12-2 PM? For Fridays, the opportunity would be from 1pm-2pm.
- Answer and transfer phone calls on a multi-line system
- Refer inquiries from callers to appropriate staff members
- Screen entrants to the secure facility of the YWCA, maintaining safety of staff and clients
- Greet incoming clients and guests in a polite and friendly manner, ensuring that each guest signs in
- Demonstrated commitment to eliminating racism and empowering women
- Organized and attentive to details
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional, friendly interaction with staff and clients
- Ability to firmly maintain entrance guidelines for guests and clients of the YWCA in order to protect staff and other clients
This position requires a commitment of at least one lunch hour per week, preferably for at least six months.
Reception Volunteers gain experience working in the Non-Profit field in a dynamic office environment. They also gain the satisfaction of contributing to programs that make a difference in the community.
The Director of Human Resources and Operations will offer direct supervision as well as the Receptionist. The YWCA’s Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator provides additional support.
405 BroadwayTacoma, WA 98402
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5 or 2 hours per week for at least 6 months