Become a Mentor or Tutor for children in need in North County (Atascadero, Templeton, Paso Robles)!
8 people are interested
If you are interested in a rewarding one-on-one relationshipwith a child then you may want to consider becoming a mentor or tutor. As a volunteer with Family Care Network you can help a child affected by trauma reach their potential and provide a supportive presence in their lives. You can help them learn new skills, shoot some hoops, go for walks, work on schoolwork or simply hang out. We would love to have you join our circle of serving today!
- Meet at least twice a month (approximately 6-8 hours a month) for a year as a mentor
- Meet once a week (4-6 hours per month) for six months as a tutor
- Develop a one-on-one relationship
- Ongoing individual support by FCNI staff
- You are provided staff lead mentor / tutor training before you are matched
We'll work with your schedule.
3534 El Camino RealAtascadero, CA 93422
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hours per month for 1 year to Mentor
- Willing to drive to meet your mentee