Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Hours: Saturday and Sunday afternoons
Duration: Weekly, year-round
Desired level of commitment: Once per month
Age requirement: 16 (with parent/legal guardian if under 18)
Tasks may include:
* Greeting and interacting with community members
* Repairing bikes for people who are served through a basic needs outreach
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Skilled at bike repair
* Able to use own tools
* Open to engaging with people who are facing mental health or substance-abuse struggles
* Open to engaging with people who are facing homelessness
* Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- People Skills
- Bike Mechanics / Repair
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Assist Children's Program...
- Assist at a Community Meal...
- Perform Skits/ Drama at a...
- Provide Worship Music
- Help With Sign-In at High School...
- Prepare and Facilitate Arts and...
- Cook and Serve Meals for...
- Provide Prayer
- Provide Worship Music at a...
- Spread the Word About...
- Assist with Food Pantry Delivery
- Assist With Registration at a...
- Provide Administrative...
- Prepare and Facilitate a Game at...
- Prepare and Serve Food for...
- Assist at a Sunday Morning...
- Assist as Childcare Worker
- Pick Up and Deliver Donations to...
- Supervise Children During...
- Help Set Up/Break Down...