Medical Professionals/Students for Health Screenings Events
Impact area: Physical health
Location(s): Various locations in the Greater Hartford area
Hours: Weekday and weekend mornings and afternoons
Duration: Seasonal. Health screening events take place between April and November, but volunteers may sign up year-round
Desired level of commitment: Three health screening events per year
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
* Providing blood pressure, glucose and/or cholesterol screenings
* Setting up and taking down tables
* Setting up pop-up tents
* Engaging and talking with community members about health resources
* Reviewing information provided in brochures with community members
* Discussing screening results with community members
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* An RN, LPN, ARPN, MD, nursing student or medical student
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Able to provide proof of medical credentials prior to volunteering
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Physician Assistant
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Front Desk Assistant for...
- Community Meal Assistant
- Worship Musician at Street...
- Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery...
- Food Pantry Vehicle Loader
- Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Website and Graphic Designer
- Medical Professionals/Students...
- Intake Assistant for Health...
- Worship Musician for...
- Event Marketing Assistant for...
- Food and Clothing Distributor at...
- Event Registration Assistant for...
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Prayer Provider for Women...
- Food Pantry Inventory Assistant
- Childcare Assistant
- Assistant to the Lead Teacher
- Childcare Assistant for Mothers...