Provide Health Screenings
Impact area: Physical health
Location(s): Various locations in the Greater Hartford area
Hours: Weekday and weekend mornings and afternoons
Duration: Seasonal. Health screening events take place between April and November, but volunteers may sign up year-round
Desired level of commitment: Three health screening events per year
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
* Providing blood pressure, glucose and/or cholesterol screenings
* Setting up and taking down tables
* Setting up pop-up tents
* Engaging and talking with community members about health resources
* Reviewing information provided in brochures with community members
* Discussing screening results with community members
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* An RN, LPN, ARPN, MD, nursing student or medical student
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Able to provide proof of medical credentials prior to volunteering
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Physician Assistant
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Provide Spanish Translation at...
- Assist Children's Program...
- Pick Up and Deliver Pallets of...
- Assist at a Community Meal...
- Perform Skits/ Drama at a...
- Provide Worship at a Community...
- Help With Sign-In at High School...
- Assist with Social Media
- Prepare and Facilitate Arts and...
- Cook and Serve Meals for...
- Provide Prayer
- Provide Worship Music at a...
- Spread the Word About...
- Assist With Registration at a...
- Provide Administrative...
- Prepare and Facilitate a Game at...
- Unload and Sort Donations
- Prepare and Serve Food for...
- Assist at a Sunday Morning...
- Pick Up and Deliver Donations to...