36 people are interested
Initiative: Next Generation
Impact area: Children and youth (age 5-18)
Location(s): New Britain, CT
Hours: Weekday mornings and afternoons
Duration: Seasonal (during the school year)
Desired level of commitment: One hour per week
Age requirement: 18+
Tasks may include:
* Helping elementary students develop reading and math skills
* Sharing interests and hobbies with students
* Providing emotional encouragement to students
* Helping students develop their gifts and talents
* Assisting school staff as needed
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Willing to submit a background check
* Willing to complete additional host-site specific paperwork and requirements
* Willing to attend a training in August
* Willing to begin serving in October
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Knowledgeable of elementary school academics
* Spanish-speaking skills a plus
About Urban Alliance, Inc.
62 Village Street, East Hartford, CT 06108, US
Our mission is to create opportunities for people to achieve lasting change in their lives through the collaborative work of churches and organizations in our local community.
Urban Alliance (UA) is a collective impact organization located in Hartford, Connecticut.
We help leverage the strengths of churches, organizations, volunteers, donors and community groups to impact the community and change lives.
Urban Alliance initiatives--our strategized, collaborative work efforts around shared goals--are aligned with specific needs in the community.
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater HartfordNew Britain, CT 06050
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training