Provide In-School Mentoring for Elementary Students
Initiative: Next Generation
Impact area: Children and youth (age 5-18)
Location(s): New Britain
Hours: Weekday mornings and afternoons
Duration: Seasonal (during the school year)
Desired level of commitment: One hour per week
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
* Helping elementary students develop reading and math skills
* Sharing interests and hobbies with students
* Providing emotional encouragement to students
* Helping students develop their gifts and talents
* Assisting school staff as needed
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Willing to complete additional host-site specific paperwork and requirements
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Knowledgeable of elementary school academics
* Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Child Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Provide Administrative Support...
- Assist Clients and Coordinate...
- Assist at a Community Meal...
- Provide Worship Music
- Pick Up and Deliver Boxes of...
- Load Boxes of Food into Vehicles...
- Be an Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Provide Worship Music at a...
- Spread the Word About...
- Distribute Food and Clothing at...
- Assist With Registration at a...
- Provide Administrative...
- Assist With Pick Up and Delivery...
- Provide Prayer for Women...
- Assist as Childcare Worker
- Assist at Teacher Resource Center
- Assist Lead Teacher
- Assist With Cleaning at...
- Supervise Children During...
- Provide Care for Women Employed...