Administrative Assistant at Transitional Living Home
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Location(s): New Britain, CT
Hours: Weekday mornings and afternoons
Desired level of commitment: Two days a week for a total of 5-10 hours per week
Age requirement: 18+
Tasks may include:
* Serving as primary contact for answering phone calls
* Maintaining contact lists (provider referral lists, client contact information)
* Developing and maintaining a filing system
* Sorting and distributing mail
* Providing general support to visitors
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Open to engaging with people who are facing substance-abuse struggles
* Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Front Desk Assistant for...
- Community Meal Assistant
- Worship Musician at Street...
- Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery...
- Food Pantry Vehicle Loader
- Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Medical Professionals/Students...
- Intake Assistant for Health...
- Worship Musician for...
- Event Marketing Assistant for...
- Food and Clothing Distributor at...
- Event Registration Assistant for...
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Children's Worker
- Friendship and Hospitality...
- Childcare Assistant for Mothers...
- Basic Needs Assistant