Provide Administrative Assistance at Transitional Living Program
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Location(s): New Britain
Hours: Tuesday-Friday mornings and afternoons
Desired level of commitment: Two days a week for a total of 5-10 hours per week
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
* Serving as primary contact for answering phone calls
* Maintaining contact lists (provider referral lists, client contact information)
* Developing and maintaining a filing system
* Sorting and distributing mail
* Providing general support to visitors
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Open to engaging with people who are facing substance-abuse struggles
* Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Provide Administrative Support...
- Pick Up and Deliver Pallets of...
- Assist Clients and Coordinate...
- Assist at a Community Meal...
- Provide Worship at a Community...
- Pick Up and Deliver Boxes of...
- Load Boxes of Food into Vehicles...
- Be an Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Provide Health Screenings
- Provide Intake Assistance at...
- Provide Worship Music at a...
- Spread the Word About...
- Distribute Food and Clothing at...
- Assist With Registration at a...
- Provide Administrative...
- Unload and Sort Donations
- Assist With Pick Up and Delivery...
- Provide Prayer for Women...
- Assist as Childcare Worker
- Supervise Children During...