Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery Assistant
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Location(s): East Hartford, Bloomfield
Hours: Weekday mornings
Desired level of commitment: Twice per month, 9 hours
Age requirement: 18+
Tasks may include:
* Picking up boxes of food donations
* Loading boxes of food donations into vehicle
* Unloading boxes of donated food at food pantry
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Able to use own vehicle
* Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Furniture Bank Assistant
- Front Desk Assistant for...
- Community Meal Assistant
- Worship Musician at Street...
- Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery...
- Food Pantry Vehicle Loader
- Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Medical Professionals/Students...
- Intake Assistant for Health...
- Worship Musician for...
- Event Marketing Assistant for...
- Food and Clothing Distributor at...
- Event Registration Assistant for...
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Children's Worker
- Friendship and Hospitality...
- Childcare Assistant for Mothers...
- Basic Needs Assistant