We are looking for a "people person" to manage a great group of international interns visiting Sacramento to promote Sankofa and raise funds & awareness about the charity. Interns will be placed in various locations around Sacramento during community fairs, etc. and we are looking for a manager to lead our volunteers during pop-up events.
At The Sankofa Center we empower people to change lives and foster healthy behaviors to prevent, detect, and treat HIV/AIDS. We do this through utilizing traditional African dance & drama fused with health information to educate people of all ages in Ghana. We are committed to providing free counseling, rapid HIV/AIDS testing and connecting people with HIV/AIDS to local medical resources. We value equipping the next generation with tools to wipe out HIV/AIDS with a compassionate and open-minded ethos. Since 2004 we have educated 35,000 students about HIV prevention, 50,000 community members on HIV transmission, and have provided over 4,000 individuals with free rapid HIV testing with links to care. Our volunteers are our biggest assets. Even from working offsite in California, they make our project in Ghana smooth. We are proud to tell that people from different geographical location would like to help us in the cause.
- Manager volunteers for the organization at local sales events
- Set up pop up tent of fundraising gift items at local events
- Coorindate local volunteers and international interns
- Must love interacting with new people and community members
- Helping international volunteers in their time in Sacramento .
- Must be extremely reliable and able to follow through on commitments
- Friendly, optimstic and able to communicate directly
- Must have great organizational skills
- Must have car and able to carpool volunteers and supplies
- Must be able to set up pop up tent and interact with community members
- Flexible to give time during weekend if required
- Six hours per week during regular business hours.
- Minimum 3 months commitment.
- Gain valuable HR job, marketing, and management skills
- Be engaged in spreading HIV/AIDs awareness.
- Work in a friendly non-profit office and directly contribute to our cause
- Have a fun time meeting new people and learning new skills
- Inspire young and commited activists yearning to make the world better
- Interior / Exterior Design
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible schedule