**This opportunity will lead into a paid position upon successful grants**
BlackBerry Radio Incorporated is a nonprofit organization. We're seeking a professional, experienced Grant Writer, who is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate our mission and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer researches, writes, and prepares government, foundation and corporate grant proposals and reports that align with BlackBerry Radio Incorporated's mission.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:Research, write, and submit compelling and timely letters of inquiry and grant proposals to foundations, corporations, and government entities.
- Work with teams as needed to develop project descriptions, timelines, evaluation plans, and budgets.
- Prepare and submit reports and updates to funders in a timely fashion.
- Support research of new funding prospects.
- Maintain up-to-date online and physical files of all grant-related content and correspondence.
- Attend meetings related to grants and fund development.
- Participate in staff trainings and attend special events.
- Conduct other duties related to successful grants and fund development.
Qualities and Skills:
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent grant writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple projects, take initiative, work independently and as a team-member.
- Excellent ability to meet deadlines while also paying close attention to details and accuracy.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Experience and excitement about working with diverse groups and communities.
- Flexibility, strong commitment to collaboration, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and commitment to professional ethics.
- Ability to work in deadline driven environment.
- Grant writing experience will be preferred.
Please provide a writing sample along with answering these questions.
1. How do you identify appropriate prospects for our organization?
2. What is your approach to writing the grant proposal?
3. What kinds of programs and/or organizations have you been successful in obtaining grant funds for in the past?
4. Are you a member of the American Association of Grant Professionals (AAGP) or the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)?
Visit us at www.blackberryradio.com and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/blackberryradio/ to learn more about our organization!
- Office Management
- Donor Management
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 25
- 4 hours a week