Mission Empower Needs Reading Tutors!
Mission Empower is implementing a pilot reading program for elementary age children in Erie.
Mission Read: A Dyslexia Center of Excellence, will serve children who struggle with reading and have dyslexia or exhibit dyslexic tendencies.
Tutors will receive free training in the Barton Reading and Spelling System. Tutors will:
- Work one-on-one with the same student twice per week
- Use a proven, successful, evidence-based program
- Learn the structure of the English language
- Help children learn to succeed in reading and school
- Make at least one year's commitment to tutoring one student
All materials are provided, and the training is easy and fun! A light lunch or dinner will be provided. Trainings will be at Mission Empower, 1611 Peach St, Suite #120, Erie, PA 16501.
You may also submit your volunteer inquiry on our website here.
To make a tutor training reservation, please go to http://missionempower.org/mission-read/ or if you need assistance, call Mission Empower at (814) 825-0788 or email your contactinformation to Jill Hrinda-Patten at email@example.com.
- Special Needs
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 1-3 hours per week