Position: Center for Community Engagement & Service MDCCC AmeriCorps VISTA American University’s (AU)
Center for Community Engagement and Service (CCES) is seeking a candidate who is bright, enthusiastic, mature, flexible, and equipped with skills to carry out the Maryland-DC Campus Compact AmeriCorps VISTA Continuation.
We are looking for a self-starter who is committed to social justice to join our team as the CCES MDCCC AmeriCorps VISTA member. The individual in this position will work to deepen our current partnership with the nonprofit SOUL Programs, a sports-based youth development program, and expand best practices beyond the confines of the current partnership.
Position Description: The MDCCC AmeriCorps VISTA member will work to evaluate SOUL’s current practices in college and high school volunteer management and then utilize these lessons to positively impact the work of SOUL Programs. The intention of this collaboration is also to expand the lessons beyond SOUL Programs and American University to other nonprofit organizations, corporations, and high schools. Part of the VISTA’s responsibilities will be to create replicable and sustainable resources and tools for volunteer management and widely share these mechanisms. The ultimate goal of the collaboration is to expand SOUL Program’s capacity to positively impact the lives of area youth while developing tools that can expand the implemented best practices with other agencies.
The VISTA will:
1. Exam SOUL’s current volunteer process and provide recommendation regarding SOUL’s volunteer needs
2. Creating volunteer position descriptions and content relevant to SOUL
4. Develop a marketing plan for how to share opportunities with potential volunteers
5. Provide analysis and recommendations for SOUL about different volunteer audiences
6. Conduct formal volunteer recruitment and onboard new volunteers
7. Conduct formal performance evaluations with volunteers
8. Evaluate the success of the program and its implications for all stakeholders
9. Present findings and evaluations of the programs to various audiences
10. Adapt findings to share with other non-profits and organizations including partners of SOUL
11. Produce written reports
- General Education
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 40 Hours/week
- Bachelor's degree preferred