View our website, mission and programs here: http://aedunetwork.org/
The Policy Briefs Contributor works under direct supervision of the Manager and the Editor.
This is the ideal position for someone looking for internet (and perhaps eventually print) bylines in a fast-growing startup international development organization. Any skills in new media which you may possess will also have a chance to be utilized.
Their mission consists of:
- Doing research on topics related to international development and public policy for Africa and selecting policy reports that reflect the latest policy trends
- Interviewing and profiling other Ugandan CBOs that may not otherwise receive coverage
- Profiling policy leaders and organizations, excerpting and synthesizing critical policy analyses, and complete case studies and interview reports given the topics proposed by themselves
- Working on the writing and design of the newsletter
- Promoting the newsletter to increase the number of subscribers
- Integrating novel storytelling approaches and new media techniques where possible
An availability of up to 10 hours per week is needed for this position. The minimum time commitment is 3 months.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Sociology, Anthropology, Social Psychology or a related field. Undergraduate students with demonstrated interests or work experience are encouraged to apply. Experience in the non-profit sector is highly appreciated. The ideal candidate will possess excellent writing and interpersonal skills, with strong commitment to AEN’s values and mission.
AP Style experience is a plus but not necessary.
New media familiarity is also welcomed.
Code & Conditions
An offer of assignment and a copy of the Conditions of Service and Code of Conduct will be issued to the successful candidate. He or she will receive training before the work officially starts. Please note this position is unpaid, as AEN is a non-profit organization and cannot offer financial retribution at this stage. Most of the work will be done online through the AEN’s intranet, remote control system, and emails.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 3 months