Ava's House Companion Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
15 people are interested
Sanford Health Ava’s House provides 24-hour nursing care to patients of all ages in a home-like environment. We ensure that patients have a comforting place to turn when symptoms and pain are beyond the scope of care provided at the Sanford Hospice Cottages or delivered in the hospital, long-term care facilities or in-home settings. Ava's House features 16 adult and 4 pediatric patient rooms.
Honoring its namesake, Ava Holder, who passed away at 4 years old after a courageous battle with cancer, Ava’s House offers one of only four in-patient pediatric hospice programs in the country.
- Companion Volunteers serve as a connection to our hospice care team. They meet with patients face-to-face and discuss a variety of topics. Companions also work to instill hope in our patients and their families through reflection, devotion and activity. Volunteers should come eager to share their unique talents, such as writing, music, art, and reading. Simply being present is the greatest gift you can offer. While duties may vary, expect the following to occur regularly:
- Lift spirits, read to, and reminisce with patients and families
- Documentation of visit(s) with patient and family members on designated forms
Learn more about Ava's House here: https://www.sanfordhealth.org/sioux-falls/services/hospice/avas-house
We'll work with your schedule.
1320 W 17th StreetSioux Falls, SD 57105
- Music Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Family Therapy
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours minimum per month