Internship Title: Work Experience Assistant
Department: Work Experience (WE)
Reports to: WE Coordinator and Training and HR Director
Location: Burlington, Vermont
Time requirements: 20 hours/week, unpaid, including Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays
ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit organization with the mission of waste reduction, job skill training and poverty relief. The Work Experience Assistant supports this mission by aiding the Work Experience Coordinator with supervising Work Readiness Trainees (WRTs), facilitating professional development classes, conducting professional evaluations, leading weekly orientations for prospective WRTs and volunteers, corresponding with referring agencies and community partners about the progress of WRTs, and spearheading unique projects intended to improve and develop the Work Readiness and Professional Development programs hosted by our Barre location.
- Fill the supervisory and professional development needs of the Work Readiness training program in our Burlington location.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with ReSOURCE staff, WRTs, volunteers, customers, and donors.
- Onsite meetings with referring agencies and community partners.
- Engage in active professional development with WRTs, i.e., resume creation, preparing reference lists, and conducting career exploration and mock interviews.
- Professional email correspondence with referring agencies and community partners.
- Fill out weekly timesheets and send to referring agencies, enter hours from volunteer log, fix timeclock discrepancies, update daily WRT tasks.
- Conduct bi-weekly evaluations with WRTs and send to referring agencies.
- Conduct weekly orientation for prospective WRTs and volunteers.
- Process new WRT and volunteer applications, NSOPW background checks, update and maintain spreadsheets and databases.
- Teach monthly personal and professional development academic component for WRTs enrolled in our Career Start program.
- Develop skills essential for a career in Human Services.
- Support the mission of ReSOURCE.
- Intern should currently be enrolled in college or an equivalent program and possess a high level of professionalism, advanced writing capability, and commitment to human development.
- Sense of humor and nonjudgmental attitude.
- Ability to work both independently and with direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in English with youth and adults, staff, volunteers, WRTs, customers, and donors.
- Ability to concentrate, multi-task, prioritize, and think through given responsibilities.
- Ability to learn new and innovative ways to help ReSOURCE support its mission.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high energy environment.
- Ability to arrive for work on time, maintain acceptable attendance, and a high level of professionalism.
General sign-off: The intern is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence of policies.
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours per week
- Household Goods Store Volunteer
- Retail Merchandising Internship...
- Accounting Internship
- Website Upgrade Project...
- Photography & Graphic Design...
- SQL/MS Access Development...
- Development and Communication...
- Marketing and Social Media...
- Building Materials Store Volunteer
- Donated Books Volunteer
- Development and Marketing...
- YouthBuild Academic Support...
- Youth Education and Support...
- Store Marketing Intern
- Work Experience & Volunteer...
- Electrical Product Research...
- Social Entrepreneurship Internship
- Retail Brand & Design Intern
- AmeriCorps Every Body Works...
- YouthBuild Tutors Needed!!