Lifelong West Berkeley's Veggie Giveaway program aims to improve access to healthy fruits and vegetables to our underserved patient population by distributing fresh produce donated by Monterey Market in Berkeley. We are looking for dedicated and passionate volunteers who are committed to improving patients' overall health and well-being, through nutirition education and access. Volunteers are ideally interested in pursuing careers in the Community Health/Wellness, Nutrition, Urban Gardening environments and focused on health disparities.
Volunteers can fulfill any of the following roles:
- Picking up donated produce from Monterey Market on Hopkins St. in West Berkeley every Thursday at 9:45/10am. Vehicle required.
- Delivery of produce to the LifeLong West Berkeley Family Practice Clinic on Thursday mornings by 10:45am.
- Assisting in the sorting and packing of produce into bags, and distributing to our patients on Thursday mornings (11:00am - 12:00pm)
- Providing of health education, nutrition, cooking/recipe information to patients
This position involves direct patient interaction as well as working with local farmers, clinic staff, and volunteers.
**Volunteer drivers are urgently needed and mileage reimbursements are available.**
Questions? Click "I want to help!" and/or email Kat at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ashlyn at email@example.com
About LifeLong Medical Care
LifeLong Medical Care provides high-quality health and social services to underserved people of all ages; creates models of care for the elderly, people with disabilities and families; and advocates for continuous improvements in the health of our communities.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We respect each person and celebrate the rich diversity of our communities.
- We believe all people are entitled to quality health care that serves the whole person.
- We are dedicated to recruiting, training, and supporting a diverse, compassionate, and skilled staff.
- We are committed to eliminating health disparities.
- We maximize our impact on the health of our community through local, state and national partnerships.
- We continuously seek to hear our patients' voice as we assess, develop and improve our programs.
For more information, please visit www.lifelongmedical.org.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training