Are you looking for a way to participate in your community and use your customer service skills? Are you able to work with a diverse range of individuals in a respectful and sensitive way? This might be the volunteer opportunity for you!
The Palmdale City Library hosts a Legal Aid program, sponsored by Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles, providing free, civil law assistance to low-income individuals via GoToMeeting videoconferencing. Appointments are required and take place between 3pm and 6pm every Tuesday.
We are seeking one individual to make an ongoing commitment, assisting Library staff with the intake of scheduled participants and helping ensure that appointments run according to schedule.
A successful volunteer Legal Aid Aide will have the ability to:
- Help keep people to a schedule, cancelling appointments of late arrivals when needed and tactfully interrupting videoconference sessions that run late.
- Interact well with a diverse range of individuals and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Troubleshoot basic computer issues related to videoconferencing (training will be provided).
- Provide good customer service skills - be friendly, understanding and discreet with potentially sensitive issues.
Applications will be accepted April 4, 2017 - May 5, 2017.
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Every Tuesday, 3pm - 6pm