The Customer Service Internship is a great opportunity to develop your skills in hands on customer service, administration, communication, and data entry. This is a fast-paced environment that requires a people person who also loves animals!
This is an unpaid internship offered as a 3 week or 6 week program. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Updating Lost Pet phone recording and posting found animal pictures
- Entering Animal Medical information in KHS database and updating animal statuses accordingly. Additional data entry as necessary.
- Log phone messages and return calls.
- Arranging and logging adoption counsels, paging the correct staff for the council
- Keep supplies stocked and retail areas tidy
- Happily greet customers and answer all inquiries patiently and courteously
- Knowledge of in-care animals and ability to communicate that knowledge in a positive manner
- Organize and file animal records
- Receptionist duties as required
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy
- Present a good appearance and have the ability to deal cheerfully and tactfully with the public, staff, and volunteers with a consistent positive mental attitude, even during stressful situations.
- Additional duties as required.
- Support the mission and philosophy of the Kitsap Humane Society
- Comply with established policies and procedures.
- Must advocate the humane treatment of animals and transmit those values to others.
- Adherence to the KHS workplace agreement.
- Enjoy people, animals, and have a sense of humor!
Please fill out and submit our Internship Application to be considered for this program. The application is available on our website: http://www.kitsap-humane.org/get-involved/internships/. You must be 18 years old to apply. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 10 hours a week for 3-6 weeks