Community Client Navigator
WhenFri Dec 01, 2017 - Tue Jan 01, 2019
Where815 Superior Ave. Suite 100Cleveland, OH 44114
Volunteers can help in one or all of the ways listed above. Our highest need for volunteers is driving clients to appointments.
- Direct service to refugee clients to help them faciliate the city of Cleveland and all or its resources, including assistance in public transportation and taking part in community resources (library cards, free clothing stores, food banks, etc.)
- Accompany refugee clients to appointments with local service providers (clinics, WIC, HEAP, Welfare, SSA).
- Assist in the facilitation of existing in-house weekly holistic therapy clinics.
- Streamline a procedure for completing and submitting applications for community resources: Ex: WIC, SSI, HEAP, etc...Complete referrals/applications for clients. Research community resources for clients; Reach out to local community service providers for refugee, culturallyappropriate services. Initiate projects to expand client services and community resources.
- Drive clients to medical appointments
- Drive clients to special events
- Group Facilitation
- Data Entry
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- regular schedule for a minimum of 3 months