Seeking volunteers to lead any type of adaptive rec classes for adults with disabilities, some with limited range of motion. Open to any type of class-dance, sport, music etc. Volunteers do not necessarily need to be licensed/certified, as long as they are willing and able to make any accommodations necessary for the participants, and have enough skill/knowledge to teach and adapt movement patterns.
This class would ideally meet weekly, anywhere from 10-2pm for about an hour. Day/time flexible
Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Outdoor Recreation
- Dance / Aerobics
- Fitness Instruction
- Special Needs
- Physical Education
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour each week on an ongoing basis
- Music volunteer
- Community "Repair" Site
- Art facilitator
- Teach basic reading skills to a...
- Teach/mentor an individual to...
- Ceramics mentor/teacher
- Music instruction and songwriting
- Attend community outings with...
- Adaptive Chair Yoga for adults...
- Video game design/creation
- Coffee Club Leader
- Teach an Adaptive Rec classe for...
- Facilitate a variety of...