Do you want to help young people succeed in school? Are you looking for a way to give back to your community? Your skills and expertise matter!
Homework Help volunteers assist K-12 students with homework assignments. They provide general help with all school subjects K-12, and also may specialize in one or two subjects up to the college-prep level.
- Be present during program day and time throughout the school year for two hours per assigned shift;
- Assist students with their homework;
- Respect the youth and provide positive encouragement;
- Work with other volunteers and library staff to run Homework Help sessions.
- Fluent and well-versed in written and spoken English;
- Able to communicate in Spanish is an asset;
- Able to help with homework from grade K-12 levels and for most school subjects;
- Knowledge of elementary and high school Math and Science is an asset;
- Able to relate well to youth and enjoy helping them;
- Able to work in a cooperative team environment;
- Graduation from high school is preferred but not mandatory; students in 11th & 12th grades who maintain a 3.0 GPA (grade point average) or above in school are welcome to apply.
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- weekly 2-hour shifts while school is in session
- Background checks for 18 & older