Alzheimer's Association Veteran Volunteer
WhenMon Jun 05, 2017 - Fri Aug 04, 2017
Where850 Essington RdSte 200Joliet, IL 60435
General Summary of Position:
This Veteran volunteer requires someone who has served in the military who is committed to helping veterans in their community learn more about brain health and Alzheimer’s disease. The volunteer will learn from seasoned staff all about Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and memory loss, as well as the resources of the Alzheimer’s Association.
Duties will include keeping in frequent contact with our established military community partners and reaching out to new potential partners. Additional duties include delivering an education program entitled "Your Service, Your Health, Our Focus" to veteran groups. The volunteer will learn valuable skills about community service organizations, budgets, project management, community needs, education and outreach and working with committees.
The schedule can be flexible, and include working from home occasionally, although most hours will be at the Joliet office during regular work hours of Monday -Friday from 9am - 5pm. *Minimum of 10 hours/week
Length of Commitment :
This volunteer position is a commitment of no less than 8 weeks, or 80 hours.
Essential Job Functions:
- Basic understanding of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and memory loss as it relates to veterans and the general population (training provided)
- Reach out to military groups to explain the services of the Alzheimer’s Association as it relates to veterans and those who have served in the military and their families
- Continues contact with current community partners on new materials and resources of the Alzheimer’s Association
- Support Director of Education & Outreach in identifying new partners
- Deliver the education program entitled "Your Service, Your Health, Our Focus" as needed.
One-on-one in person training from the Director of Education & Outreach as well as on line trainings will be available.
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of interest and/or a copy of your resume to Louie Iovane, Director of Volunteers via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transportation to various community settings is desirable, although not required.
- Program Management
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 Weeks and/or 80 Hours