Transcription volunteers will work with the Curator to transcribe oral history interviews collected in Linn County.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Transcribe video/audio recordings of interviews with community members.
- Strong keyboarding skills.
- Experience using common software programs, including Microsoft Word.
- Prior experience with transcribing from audio recordings preferred but not required.
- Attention to detail
- The estimated work time is flexible, but the volunteer should be able to commit at least 4 hours per week to the project or volunteer on an interview by interview basis. Interviews are approximately one hour to 90 minutes long.
- Work can be done during select hours at the Museum (computer with software programs included, Please provide your own headphones) or at home (no supplies provided).
- Volunteers will need to meet with the Curator for training and follow-up.
- Opportunity to learn more about the history of Linn County.
- Training and a lifelong learning experience.
- Chance to see your work reflected in the Museum’s exhibits and made accessible in the Museum’s research library.
How to Apply
- Fill out the application found at http://historycenter.org/volunteer/
- Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Inventory Volunteer Application"
- For questions about the position, please contact Jami Roskamp at email@example.com or by phone at 319-362-1501
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Approx. 4 hours per week or project based