The GoodWORKS Career Center Volunteer works one on one with clients on job search skills such as resume development, use of online search tools and interviewing techniques. Helps clients with an assessment of skills and experience in order to perform an individualized job search.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Completes the GoodWORKS Information form for each job seeker
* Assists job seeker on opening an email account provides instruction on conducting an internet job search and the application process
* Sets up job seeker access to GoodWorks computers and application tracking program
* Conducts individualized instruction in resume writing, interviewing role play and basic computer skills
* Updates job board with local area openings available by industry
* Refers job seekers to partner agencies which provide services such as vocational rehabilitation programs, housing, food, shelter, phone services, and transportation
* Utilizes GoodTraks system to track and update client progress
* All other duties as assigned by GoodWORKS Program Manager/Volunteer Experience Specialist.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Travel
* Commitment is one 5 hour shift per week during the hours of 9AM-5PM.
Interested? Please fill out a volunteer profile at http://www.mokangoodwill.org/volunteer.
Learn more about GoodWORKS and Goodwill's mission to empower people with disadvantages and different abilities to earn and keep employment through individualized programs and services at: http://www.mokangoodwill.org/mission/programs-and-services/goodworks-career-centers.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- long-term,one 5 hour shift per week between 10-3