Virtual Volunteer Grant Writer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Our Mission :
Centered in the emergency departments across the country, the National Alliance of Research Associates Programs, Inc.( NARAP) is a non-profit clinical research organization facilitating large scale, national, multi-center studies to increase the quality of health care delivery nationally, especially in the areas of screening and prevention. Our work engages vast numbers of pre-health professional students as data collectors in the studies, providing enhanced clinical opportunities unique to the research setting while teaching the fundamentals of interacting with patients.
The following job description is written for a full time position, however we are looking for a part time volunteer and as such, duties are prioritized. We realize not everything can be accomplished while volunteering around 15 hours a week. We are willing to train and looking for individuals eager to grow with a young non-profit. This is a virtual , unpaid position.
Position Summary :
Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects.
Reports to Director of Philanthropy
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources, including budget preparation.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with Management team to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Work with Management Team to make appointments with foundation officers and other prospects
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Track statistics relevant to development and assist in the creation of written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor number and diversity, educational program attendance, etc.).
- Work with Management Team to provide development input for all written institutional materials (including Annual Report, Member magazine).
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Strong understanding of non-profit grant budgets
- Minimum of two years’ experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment