Virtual Volunteer Prospect Researcher
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Our Mission :
Centered in the emergency departments across the country, the National Alliance of Research Associates Programs, Inc.( NARAP) is a non-profit clinical research organization facilitating large scale, national, multi-center studies to increase the quality of health care delivery nationally, especially in the areas of screening and prevention. Our work engages vast numbers of pre-health professional students as data collectors in the studies, providing enhanced clinical opportunities unique to the research setting while teaching the fundamentals of interacting with patients.
The following job description is written for a full time position, however we are looking for a part time volunteer and as such, duties are prioritized. We realize not everything can be accomplished while volunteering around 15 hours a week. We are willing to train and looking for individuals eager to grow with a young non-profit. This is a virtual , unpaid position.
The Prospect Researcher identifies and profiles individual, corporate, and foundation donors, and researches prospects for major gifts, endowed gifts, special project funding, and annual/sustaining support and sponsorships. The Prospect Researcher will provide written reports about specific donors and prospects, containing an analysis of information gathered from public sources. He/she strategizes with philanthropy staff regarding prospect identification, and collaborates to develop donor prospect reports appropriate to departmental needs.
SCOPE AND IMPACT
This position reports to the Director of Philanthropy.
- Assume primary responsibility for meeting the prospect identification and research needs of philanthropy team, enabling them to meet fundraising goals.
- Meet regularly with Philanthropy team members, keeping abreast of their activities and the initiatives and programs underway within their departments.
- Regularly collaborate with philanthropy team to develop prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and overall fundraising strategies.
- Consult with philanthropy team to determine feasibility of research requests and special projects.
- Advise philanthropy team about new prospect possibilities as appropriate or requested.Use both standard and novel prospect research techniques and tools to identify new prospects and complete donor background requests, including periodical and electronic screening and/or information provided by the prospect or his/her organization.
- Create profile reports tailored to needs of individual philanthropy programs.
- Review local and national news and business publications, keeping abreast of prospect information and local and regional business developments and economic trends.Send articles to philanthropy team as appropriate.
- Create, maintain and develop professional relationships with local prospect researchers, as well as national and local associations.
- Manage research information services
- Utilize central Philanthropy database to track/store profile data.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times.
- Adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines.
- Maintain the professional and ethical standards set forth for the field by the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
- No experience required
- This position requires the ability to make sound judgment, demonstrate the ability and fortitude to identify unknown sources.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, an attention to detail, an aptitude for logical thinking, a commitment to professional ethics, and the ability to interact with philanthropy staff as well as experience working in non-profit sector and with sensitive and confidential information.
- Extensive computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft office software, searching on-line databases and the Internet.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and meet goals in a timely manner.
- Internet Research
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment