Water Gardener Purpose and Duties: The purpose of this position is to assist with the cultural practices of water gardening.
* Divide, plant, fertilize, prune, deadhead, place, locate, and relocate water plants
* Maintain water garden areas including the removal of algae, weeds, stones or rocks, and sludge
* Clean and maintain the Greenhouse, pots, tools and supplies, and assist with other tasks as needed
* Regular weekly shifts take place on Wednesdays, April through October. Non-regular shifts may be available during the off season (November - March).
* Shifts are scheduled from 8 AM to 12 PM during the peak season.
* A weekly or bi-weekly commitment is preferred
* Mostly outdoors and indoors in a greenhouse, onsite at Hudson Gardens
Attire and equipment (provided by the volunteer):
* Gloves, work shoes and or boots
* Sun protection
* Hand pruners
* Chest waders can be provided
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly or bi-weekly, Wednesdays 8AM - 12 Noon
- Qualifications: General: • Must be aged 18 or older • Prospective applicants will be interviewed P