Assist the Marion County United Way and the 2-1-1 Liaison in educating the community members and social service agencies about 2-1-1 and the impact on the community. Build relationships with local organizations to increase accessibility to assistance and information through the 2-1-1 resource database and programs for those in need.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
- Retain and provide knowledge about 2-1-1’s role in the community.
- Become familiar with the area’s basic needs and local agencies in the 2-1-1 database.
- Conduct presentations to current and potential United Way partner agencies regarding 2-1-1.
- Represent and table events in the community on United Way of Marion County 2-1-1’s behalf.
- Assist liaison with coordinating meetings with agencies and boards.
- Research possible additional social service agencies that would benefit from being in 2-1-1 resource database.
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training