Keep America Beautiful (KAB) seeks an enthusiastic, hard-working individual interested in furthering the nonprofit’s purpose of bringing people together to ensure that beauty is the lasting signature in our communities and our country. Working with its network of more than 620 community-based affiliates, KAB provides the educational tools, awareness platforms and resources to help end littering, improve recycling and beautify America’s communities. Through our actions and impact, we help create communities that are socially connected, environmentally healthy and economically sound.
The volunteer will work for the Development Department and may have opportunity to interface with individuals in other departments.
The volunteer will support the Development team and will work directly with all members of the department. Projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Donor profiles and fundraising - Researching corporate, foundation, and individual prospects; preparing briefs and presentations for meetings with corporate prospects and current sponsors; assisting staff with portfolio management
- Grant writing - Research and compilation of support documents for grant applications
- Donor communications/outreach - prepare materials for fundraising appeals; donor correspondence letters, calling donors
- Database management (SalesForce)
- eSpatial mapping and data analysis
- Operational and administrative support as needed (e.g., filing, scanning, or mailings)
- Possible assistance with event planning and/or events
Skills: Strong writing and research skills required; working knowledge of MSOffice including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; detail-oriented and organized; focused and productive on tasks-at-hand. Some knowledge of fundraising software and experience with fundraising is desirable but not required.
Perspective: Positive and respectful attitude; willing to take direction, but able to work independently; interest in learning as well as contributing to the greater goals of the department and organization.
Reporting: This position reports to the Chief Development Officer.
Location: This position is based at Keep America Beautiful’s national office - 1010 Washington Blvd., Stamford, Connecticut. Office is 5 blocks from the Stamford Train Station. Free shuttle provided AM & PM . Free on-site parking is available during working hours.
Hours: We offer a flexible schedule for volunteers and will determine a mutually agreed upon schedule prior to the start date. Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm. If you are a college student and need course credit, it is possible to arrange, if applicable.
Start Date: Immediately
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to contact below.
Contact: Berett Garbus, Development Coordinator
Keep America Beautiful / 1010 Washington Blvd / Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: 203-659-3052 / email@example.com
- Donor Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum of two days a week (10 -15 hours) or more