We Need You, Too!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where3655 Reed StreetWinston-Salem, NC 27107
Volunteers play a vital, hands-on role in helping the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC fulfill its mission of reducing hunger and malnutrition in northwest NC.
Share the Abundance so no one goes Hungry. One in four children in our service area is hungry. One in seven seniors is hungry. Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina offers volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups looking for one day activities or longer term projects. To help solve the problem of hunger in northwest North Carolina. You can help sort donated food products, process and re-package donated eggs or "build" pallets of cased foods. Most of the work requires both standing and lifting. Some of the work in eggs may be done while seated. For more information, please contact Debbie Clark, Volunteer and Project Coordinator at 336.784.5770 or e-mail her at email@example.com
- All Warehouse Volunteers must wear shoes with closed toes. No earphones or headphones for listening to music are allowed while working.
- No youth under 12 years of age are allowed for safety reasons.
- Youth 12-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Volunteers 16 yrs and older may come without adult supervision.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- Some lifting required, up to 25 lbs.