Founded in 1983, Saturday Academy (SA) is a nonprofit educational organization that has helped over 175,000 young people (approximately 7,000 enrollments/year) experience hands-on learning with community experts in a way that enriches young lives and develops a life-long curiosity and passion for learning. Saturday Academy offers classes, summer camps, and afterschool programs throughout the Portland Metropolitan area (grades 2-12) and a high school internship program that is state-wide. We inspire children to learn in nearly every field, but concentrate on science, technology, engineering, math due to the fast pace of change in these fields and the demand for more technologically advanced education by the community.
Saturday Academy is seeking seasonal temporary lunch aid to provide on-site assistance for a week-long day camps called Geek Chic, an all-girls camp, at St Mary’s Academy. Responsibilities consist of supervising students during lunches for about 1-2 hours during their lunch time break at 12p.m.-1p.m.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Assure students are properly supervised
- Be aware of and implement safety guidelines
- Be a role model to students and staff in your attitude and behavior
- Communicate effectively and work as a team with other staff
- Treat each child with respect, honesty and kindness as a representative of Saturday Academy
- Experience working with children
- Preferably female aides
- Ability to get to class sites on time (driver’s license & car are a plus in case transporting supplies is necessary)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to aid the 12p.m.-1p.m. lunch time slot
- Must be available for the full week Monday - Friday, during the weeks of July 17 th-21 st and/or July 24 th-28 th.
If you are interested in getting involved, please e-mail email@example.com
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16