Do you have knitting experience from beginner to advanced? Have you ever wanted to learn to knit?
Sunny View Retirement Community is joining the non-profit organization "Knitting to make a difference". We would like to form a knitting circle that creates scarves, hats, mittens and even blankets to be distributed to the homeless throughout the Bay Area. If you already have needles please bring them. We will also help supply the knitting materials to those that are getting started. All supplies and materials are donated. There is no age limit for this opportunity-all ages and groups are welcome. The more the merrier!
Our first meeting is Saturday April 8th @ 1:45pm in our Commons Area at Sunny View. From there we will decide the day and time that works best to gather and knit.
If you can join us for the first meeting please come. Feel Free to contact Julia Earley-Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408)454-5672. If you are unable to come on that day but would like to be a part of this wonderful project contact us for more information
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Once a month for minimum of 6 months
- Pinochle Player
- Photographer for Auxiliary...
- Father's Day Social Volunteers
- Early Mother's Day Social
- Resident Assistant
- Volunteer Services Admin Assistant
- Gift Shop Cashier
- Early Thanksgiving Social!
- Christmas Social for Seniors
- Knitting to Make a Difference
- Looking to help a Senior- Become...
- Garden Enthusiast
- Oktoberfest Volunteers Needed
- Service with a Smile- Dining...
- Halloween Party
- Volunteer Services Intern
- Store Assistant Manager