AVON 39 the Walk to End Breast Cancer San Francisco is recruiting wonderful Crew members! They are a group of dedicated volunteers that work all weekend long to facilitate all aspects of the Walk and keep our Walkers safe throughout their journey to CRUSH breast cancer!
Crew Members are the back-bone and support system to making the AVON 39 weekend happen. The Crew is essential to the success of the weekend’s production. Crew members perform numerous (and varied) jobs, including marking the route, picking up trash, setting up rest stops, serving meals and assisting as safety crossing guards.
- Crew members are registered participants for AVON 39 and pay a $35 registration fee with the Promo Code CREW17. Go to AVON39.org to register today!
- Crew members commit to participating in an assigned role for the entire AVON 39 weekend, including camping at Basecamp 39.
- Crew members are required to attend at least one Training Call meeting and/or attend Crew Impact Day (held about 4-6 weeks prior to your Event). (For those Crew members residing outside the immediate area of the AVON 39 event, a telephone meeting will be coordinated.)
- We suggest that Crew members raise funds as part of their Crew experience. While this is not a requirement for Crew, all members who wish to raise funds will have the same support and tools as walkers. (There’s even a Fundraising Rewards program especially for Crew members!) If every Crew member raised $500, AVON 39 would add $1 million toward additional breast cancer research and programs, most of which stays local in San Francisco.
We have many Crew Teams that require additional members, most importantly:
- Route Marking (requires commitment on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of Walk Weekend): this team marks the physical route so that Walkers know where to go! They are one of the few teams that gets to see the entire route and is SO important.
- Set Up (requires commitment on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of Walk Weekend): works closely with Staff members to set up Basecamp 39, our campsite for the weekend and home to Yoga, SHOP 39, Food Services, and many more important aspects of the event!
- Medical Professionals: provide First Aid to our Walkers out on the route and at Basecamp.
- Security & Traffic: manages security along the perimeter of Basecamp 39, checking in all vehicles and only permitting those on site who are allowed to be there.
- Rest Stops: these teams set up and manage Water and Gatorade distribution, as well as cheer on the Walkers and manage the traffic nearby. These are very popular positions and fill up fast!
There are event more opportunities to be involved for the weekend! If you have any questions or would like to get registered, please email Katie Lewis, Crew Manager, at email@example.com
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training