Chestnut Hill Farm is located in Southborough, it is a hidden gem providing organically grown vegetables to the local community through CSA and farm-stand. It is a growing endeavor with a planned membership of 250 in the next 3 years. As a non-profit and a Trustees property, the farm is also committed to a level of community engagement and education that goes beyond agriculture to include community building and support.
Working closely with a staff person you will:
* Coordinate one CSA distribution day per week
* Prep for CSA distribution in an attractive yet practical manner including accurate signage, limits where necessary, and any other relevant information
* Engage with CSA members in a friendly and efficient manner
* Provide up to date information on Pick-Your-Own garden, upcoming events, new farm stand items, recipes, and cooking tips as needed
* Communication with farmer and other staff to harvest or fetch vegetables in appropriate locations to prevent contamination by birds/pests/spoilage
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE POSITION
* Must be able to carry 40lb box/basket
* Standing/Sitting for periods of time
TRAINING & SUPPORT
* You will be working closely with the farmer and other staff
* You will receive feedback and evaluations by staff.
LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES & OTHER BENEFITS
* On-the-job training
* Developing a strong connection to and knowledge of Chestnut Hill Farm
* Knowing you have made a meaningful contribution to the Trustees and to your community
TIME COMMITMENT NEEDED
4 hours per week during the growing season. Position lasts from June to the end of October. Three shifts possible: Tuesday 1:30-6:30, Thursday 4:30-6:30, Friday 1:30-6:30
- People Skills
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- One, five hour shift per week from June-October
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from Chestnut Hill Farm
- Program Assistants-Fruitlands
- Historical Interpreter - The Old...
- The Old Manse Event Assistants
- Wayside Visitor Center...
- Public Program Assistants:...
- Event Planner-South End Garden...
- Communications Outreach...
- Cheese Ambassador-Boston Public...
- Kitchen Assistant, Boston Public...
- Harvest Assistant-Chestnut Hill...
- Program Assistants-Boston...
- CSA Distribution...