The Leave No Trace Minnesota Chapter is seeking a part-time Volunteer Coordinator to join a dynamic and collaborative team to promote outdoor ethics in Minnesota. This position supports the activities of Leave No Trace Minnesota Chapter’s team and all of their educational outreach efforts. The primary purpose of this position is to establish a state-wide pool of volunteers and trainees dedicated to the vision and mission of Leave No Trace Outdoor Ethics. This is a work-from-home position, involving an estimated average of 8 - 10 hours per week. A combination of skills is required, including the ability to work alone, self-direct, and creatively problem-solve.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit volunteers throughout the state.
- Actively seek participants to complete Leave No Trace Trainer and Master Educator courses.
- Assist in Coordinating Leave No Trace orientation sessions and awareness workshops for new volunteers.
- Create a data-base with all relevant volunteer information.
- Communicate regularly with the State Advocate, Core and Leadership Teams
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in volunteer coordination preferred.
- Excellent computer skills required, including use of internet, and
- Ability to identify and utilize volunteer recruitment resources.
Salary: This is a non-paid, volunteer position.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per week. More if desired.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate, team member, environmental literacy helpful