Great food, an amazing view and work with a purpose! As an army runs on its' stomach so do our volunteers! Help feed a hungry crew of volunteers as we restore a WWII Victory ship in the Richmond Shipyard. Ever wanted to prep and cook on a historic ship? Have you ever used a diesel-powered grill? Our galley is functional and well appointed! We would really appreciate some home cooking! Come get plenty of fresh air and support some great people!
We are looking for a Ship's Steward, to plan, shop for and prepare lunch for approximately 16 - 20 volunteer crew members. Lunch would be served from the ship's galley, cafeteria style, using paper plates and plastic glasses then tidying up the galley afterwards. We also need someone to use a Steward's talents to help in the galley for some of our special events. Help keep our volunteers afloat!
The SS Red Oak Victory is a 403(c)b non-profit run entirely by volunteers like you! We are a ship with a past and a future! The mission of the SS Red Oak Victory is to relay the stories of those who built her, navigated her, her missions and to promote and develop her relevance to Richmond, the State of California and the Unites States and the world today. Our goals are to build and sustain a strong base of returning visitors, a supporting infrastructure of volunteers and an active location for education and community. Please see our website www.redoakvictory.us a nd our Facebook page.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- One day per week, plus planning and shopping.
- Supporting special events if available
- Docent on the SS Red Oak Victory
- Discover Mysteries in the Museum!
- Public Programs Volunteer
- Costume & Textile Collection...
- Digitization Technician
- Carpenter for Local History Museum
- Volunteer Recruiting On The SS...
- Deck Department On The SS Red...
- Electrician on SS Red Oak Victory
- Greeter on SS Red Oak Victory
- Help our community museum...
- Rose Garden Crew
- Steward on SS Red Oak Victory
- Local History Museum Marketing...
- Administrative Assistant
- Volunteer Retail Associate on...
- Exhibit Installation Technician