Job title: Marketing Intern
Organization: Neighbor Brigade is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that establishes community-specific networks of volunteers that can be mobilized to help residents facing sudden crisis manage day-to-day tasks such as meal preparation, rides, and basic household chores. Using web-based coordination tools, we manage recipient requests and the recruitment of volunteers to fulfill those requests sensitively, quickly and free of charge. Neighbor Brigade currently has 31 chapters in the states of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Maine. We currently have 3,100 volunteers total and each chapter can have anywhere from 15-500 volunteers that help people during their crisis.
Job Description: The marketing intern will work directly with the Executive Director and the Director of Development at Neighbor Brigade to support our marketing efforts for our 5 th annual Pam’s Run, a 5k/10k road race that is the organization’s largest annual fundraiser. As time permits the intern will also support the organization in efforts to promote the organization in general working closely with the 31 chapters that we have and engaging them in targeted marketing efforts. The ideal candidate is available to work May-August, can attend monthly meetings in Wayland, and must be available the weekend of Pam’s Run on October 15 th. The following is a list of responsibilities included in this internship:
- Reaching out to all runners clubs, local schools and sports groups from our previously created marketing list and communicating our event with them to meet or exceed registration goals.
- Build upon our marketing list and identify new groups and resources for marketing the event to.
- Distributing our rack cards and posters in the Wayland and surrounding communities.
- Identify running events where Neighbor Brigade can have presence to display or distribute Pam’s Run material.
- Support our fundraising efforts by encouraging runners to create teams.
- Collaborating with our board chair and executive director to create and distribute press releases.
- Participate in monthly evening meetings (2 nd Wednesday of each month) from May-September and be available to support the event on October 15 th as well as preparation steps the week prior to the event.
- As time permits work directly with our 31 chapters to support them in marketing efforts that increase their volunteer numbers and meet the needs of client requests.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and 2 references by May 1st to Polly Mendoza firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- May- August plus Monthly Meetings in Wayland
- Must be available weekend of Pam's Run October 15th
- Chapter Leader - Plainville
- Volunteers Needed - Bridgewater
- Chapter Leader - Bridgewater
- Volunteers Needed - Mansfield
- Volunteers Needed - Ashland
- Volunteers Needed - Plainville
- Chapter Leader - Mansfield
- Volunteers Needed - Newton
- Chapter Leader - Ashland
- Volunteers Needed - Medway
- Chapter Leader - Newton
- Volunteers Needed - Framingham
- Chapter Leader - Framingham
- Marketing Intern